The Benton Park and Veterans Committee continues to seek veterans' names for our memorial. Any veteran who entered the service while living in Benton and served during a period of conflict is eligible to be on the Benton memorial.   

YOUTH RECREATION PROGRAMS. "The town annually contributes to the Police Athletic League to allow children to participate in its sports programs. The PAL program uses ball fields in area communities especially in Fairfield. Sports programs are also offered through MSAD 49 during the school year." - Town of Benton COMPREHENSIVE PLAN March 2008

BOATING. Boat launches are available on the Kennebec River (in Fairfield) and the Sebasticook River (in Benton and in Clinton).

SNOWMOBILING. "The Country Cousins Snowmobile Club of East Benton" and the Good Time Riders Club maintain "trails in town which connect with neighboring communities. A popular crossing is located on the Neck Road." - Town of Benton COMPREHENSIVE PLAN March 2008

LIBRARY USE. The Town of Benton has a library card refund program. Any resident may obtain a library card from one of our neighboring towns' libraries and get a refund at the Benton Town Office. A resident just needs to apply at his/her library of choice and then bring the receipt to the Benton Town Office for a refund of up to $40 - one card per family/home.

KIDS.The State has a kids' webpage about making emergency calls with 9-1-1; for more information click here. Fire safety is important and kids can learn at Sparky the Fire Dog's website (click here) or view the Secretary of State's kids' page with games, click here. For other states' kids' pages, click here.  

BENTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.  The phone number is 453-4240. For more information about MSAD 49, click here

Point of Contact is Mary Colson: 453-4796

Benton Grange

                           BENTON RIVERFRONT PARK. 




2016 Hunter's Safety Course

The gazebo at the Benton Riverfront Park is available for weddings and other family-oriented gatherings. Call or visit the Town Office to reserve a date.  The Town requires a refundable deposit when making a reservation. There's a small walking path downriver from the gazebo.
                                 VETERANS MEMORIAL

POLICE.  For non-emergency law enforcement matters, contact the Kennebec County Sheriff's Office   or the Maine State Police.   

FIRE DEPARTMENT.  For any EMERGENCY, dial 9-1-1.  For non-emergency fire and rescue issues (including burn permits), call the Fairfield Fire Department at 453-2429.     

GENERAL ASSISTANCE.  Requests for General Assistance are handled during normal business hours by Melissa Patterson, General Assistance Administrator.  For after-hours requests, call the office (453-7191) and leave a message.  For after-hours emergency requests, call the Kennebec County Sheriff's Office at 1-800-498-1930.
     "Each town has a General Assistance Program to help people in emergencies. You may be eligible even if you work or receive other benefits such as: food stamps, veterans' benefits, or Social Security income. To request General Assistance, contact your town office. Your application must be accepted for review. You may be turned down for help if you do not meet the guidelines for the program. The application is private and confidential." - State DHHS website 
 GA application - click here
 To get answers to frequently asked questions regarding  General Assistance, click here.    
    Information about welfare fraud - click here.       
    For downloadable forms (e.g., Food Supplement, TANF, MaineCare, etc.), click here.
    To find assisted living facilities, click here. 

 Application for Holiday Assistance (Christmas) can be found here. Applications due in the office by December 1st.


BURN PERMITS.  Burn permits are handled by the Fairfield Fire Department - 453-2429.  Call after 9:00 AM. Burn permits can also be purchased on-line from the State (click here).  

FOOD PANTRY.  The Town of Benton uses the Fairfield Interfaith Food Pantry located at 23 Lawrence Ave, Fairfield (behind the Fairfield Town Office).

For Cemetery Plot Information contact Robin Patterson 540-3793